23 nov 2015

New idiom!

I know, I know. Do not look at me (or your screen) like that. It wasn't my intention to leave this section apart. 

The reason why I haven't posted anything in the last weeks months is that I have not presented the concept of IDIOM to my new students. 

" a group of words whose meaning cannot be predicted from the meanings of the constituent words."


Once explained, this section is officially restarted!

Let's start talking about the idiom: let the cat out of the bag.


If we took the words literally, it would seem as if we had tied up the poor animal and kept it in a sack.

But... in reality, this idiom is talking about keeping a secret or surprise. That is, we are not talking here about a real cat. Instead, the old guy in the picture is telling the other to discover the secret.




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario